we believethat when established organisations put their existing experience and capabilities to work, they can outperform the best startups.
We at altershape believe established organisations have a wealth of people and capabilities to tap into when shaping their future.
Our three step approach of lean strategy execution combines proven analysis and architecture methods with lean startup and innovation techniques in a pragmatic way, adapted to your organisation.
Pin down goals
Find out what you can achieve with your ideas
Discover what will make these ideas work
Identify, prioritise and validate hypotheses
Implement and validate in short iterations, using your customer's feedback to guide you
This way, we help you leverage your best resources so you can discover the best ideas and make them happen.
Read our blog for hands-on info on our approach.
bridging analysis and architecture skills with lean startup and innovation techniques
supporting your innovation projects from idea to value creation
- integrate validated learning in your projects
- business hackathons
shaping your organisation for continuous transformation
- setup of innovation processes
- innovation portfolio management
- strategy & roadmap definition: balancing a stable outlook and room for adaptability
- leverage corporate strengths for fast scaling
training — coaching — speaking — workshop facilitation
- in-house interactive trainings, adapted to your needs and context
- on-the-job coaching
- for BAs, EAs, product managers, process managers, customer experience experts, …
You can also attend a public event to learn more.
facilitating innovation think — shape — try your idea with the innovation canvas
Innovation is hard.
Ideas are cheap and plentiful, but execution often falls short and few ideas lead to valuable results within reasonable time and budget. The innovation canvas supports you in the first stages of innovation.
- Get your idea out of your head and on paper
- Get feedback, refine and improve
- Identify your idea's key assumptions
- Determine the next steps and take action
Want to know more about it? Check out this blog post.
getting hands-on: workshop & coaching
In a half-day workshop with your team, we apply the innovation canvas to your idea. The result is a clear view on your idea's opportunities and assumptions, and a plan for the next steps to take.
Some of the challenges we tackle:
- Shift from product thinking to customer thinking
- Turn a “we believe” mindset into a “what are our assumptions & how can we validate them” mindset
- Connect with the established organisation’s way of working, engaging more conservative stakeholders without hindering creativity
Our think — shape — try approach facilitates your organisation's innovation process, from ideation to value creation. It lets you take a validation driven approach, building customer feedback and agility into idea development right from the beginning. Real life examples and results will get you started.
This workshop can also be done with facilitators in your organisation, like business analysts or service designers. Afterwards, they will be able to apply the innovation canvas and think — shape — try approach in-house.
- Facilitating Innovation: Think-Shape-Try your Idea with the Innovation Canvas
Business Analysis Conference Europe — workshop — 25.9.2017
- Think-shape-try your idea: hoe innovatie faciliteren in jouw organisatie?
DREAM event — presentation — 3.10.2017
- Customer-driven innovation — From common sense to common practice
Innovation, Business Change and Technology Forum — presentation — 21.3.2017
- Workshop: Lean business analyse
IT Works — workshop — 16.3.2017
- Workshop: Lean business analyse
IT Works — workshop — 17.11.2016
- De benefit map als visueel kompas voor lean strategie-uitvoering
DREAM event — presentation — 6.10.2016
- Lean strategy execution for BAs
Business Analysis Conference Europe 2016 — workshop — 19.9.2016
- Project manager en enterprise architect: samen bouwen aan de toekomst van uw organisatie
Kluwer Dag van de projectmanager 2016 — presentation — 15.6.2016
- Bridging EA and BA with lean startup and innovation techniques at Euroconsumers
Intersection Conference 2016 — presentation — 10.6.2016
- Van Strategie tot Lean Startup: Business Analyse in Tijden van Verandering
IT Works — workshop — 1.6.2016
- BA: The missing link between strategy and execution ?
IIBA UK Chapter — webinar — 18.5.2016
- Lean strategy execution: the BA's cup of tea ?
IIBA Brussels Chapter — evening seminar — 21.4.2016